How to start your own financial investment business and not fail in the attempt:
In this article I’ll be talking about how to start to obtain the first customers for your company using various tools and techniques to get those customers and not fail in creating your company’s financial investments.
For several years I have seen many entrepreneurs work with our company. Most of them have the desire to start their own business but they don’t have the necessary knowledge. Many don’t know how to design a business plan and don’t know how to get their first customers. In all these cases their venture fails and they lose a great opportunity for business and financial independence.
For all of them I’ve written basic recommendations and some tools to help them to be successful.
1. If you don’t know how to start your financial business, I suggest you to read this article about how to be a successful IB or a White Label with Tradeview.
2. As you’re here I imagine you must have some notion of the Forex and CFD’s market, so I suggest you to open a real account instead of a demo. No one is going to feel shocked about a demo account well managed. Real results will help you raise real money, while demo accounts will make that task a lot harder.
3. If you’re not a good trader, learn how to be better! Practice and work to build a good 6 month track record.
4. You can start to talk to friends and relatives about what you are doing and explain to them what this financial investment business about. Show them how a person can invest money and how you manage those accounts as a trader. Don’t necessarily sell, but teach them what you do for your own account and for your clients (That’s a better idea than wait ‘til they come to you to ask you to manage their money when they decide to do it).
5. You should start by creating your profile on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and download the apps in your mobile device, this way, you can post anytime in the day.
6. Remember that your profile must be complete and real, do not post any false information, your hobbies, likes, family, friends and more. Privacy level depends on you, if you don’t want to share some information, do not upload it, that’s better than hide it.
7. Create a website dedicated to your entrepreneurial endeavors. It can be small and keep it brief, but the most important thing is that the website contains the important about your company, contact information, services you offer. Also, optimize it so it can reach the best results on searchers. Your website must be usable. If you need help, take a look of this options of our agreement with ilikewebsites.com.
8. Create a Facebook, twitter and LinkedIn profile for your company, make it look professional, do not use thousands of different colors or underlined texts with another colors, that’s not going to attract any investor attention, they’ll probably think it’s a fraud.
9. Participate actively on the social networks, groups, forums, online events, etc. Add value to your potential readers. People follow traders who teach how to trade and share tips to trade successfully, add content and real strategies, and interesting graphics. Answer questions; this kind of information is valuable and helps to create an important name in the Forex community and social networks.
Look the difference between these two images of a personal profile and a business profile on Facebook:
10. Save the results at least 6 months of trading in the real account and show them in a professional manner. Don’t just show a direct report of MetaTrader 4. Take your time to organize the information in excel sheets, show statistics… both losses and gains. Explain your activities as a trader, and if possible show different options of risk for your potential investors. (3 are enough: average risk, high risk and low risk).
11. Pay for a professional account on LinkedIn at least during a couple of months and evaluate people profiles that you’re interested in. Use a filter with words like Forex or Trader. These can work… it also helps to narrow searches geographically…this way it’s easier to set a personal meeting to share your idea, send a messages and talk about your interest to contact them (they also probably speak your language!).
12. As you gain credibility in those forums and networks, start to show them who you are and what your occupation is. Share your results to others and also in high traffic sites so they can see you contributing your professional opinions.
13. Obtain a database of interested people or real clients and send weekly reports of the analysis of what you’re waiting to happen. Be consistent… if you start a project, don’t give up! (You can obtain databases through LinkedIn or contests in Facebook). Talk to forex portals in internet and offer yourself to teach in a webinar under the condition that they share their database with you and introduce you to potential clients.
14. Send personal reports to the clients you currently have. Explain to them what you are doing with funds under management. Give updates at least once per month. (Don’t be quiet with your clients… this is the worst thing you can do.) You can use a tool like mailchimp to send automated emails to make this process easier.
15. Remember to track your clients. Get to know them better and work with them. Some might need a demo, while others can be interested on see results. Others might want to open a real account or may ask you to about money management solutions. Every client needs something unique. Learn to listen them and register everything you hear from them. (You can use CRM to keep notes so, next time they call, you will know what they want and how to respond!)
16. Remember, it’s better to talk personally, then by phone, and finally though emails. You won’t get any clients just emailing. THIS IS THE #1 REASON WHY POTIENTIAL ENTREPENEURS FAIL IN OUR INDUSTRY… EMAILS DO NOT = TALKING TO POTENTIAL CLIENTS!
17. Effectively manage your time. (20% of your clients generate 80% of your utilities, 80% generate only 20%) invest time on your major customers, to your minors, invest less time and don’t waste time in potential clients which probably won’t open real accounts. If you have called 3 times and they seem evasive, give them some time and call 6 months after. If you don’t get results after that 6 months, leave him alone. Don’t waste any more time calling them. There are plenty of fishes in the sea! Call another! This link may help as well!.
This is my first Article for the Rhino report, but not the last one.
If you enjoyed reading it, please let me know and share with your friends.
Former – Director of Business Development Latin America